Direction of Target Motion
Two types of fiber optics are available:
- Reflectance Dependent - D Type - Read our D Sensor Application Note
- Reflectance Compensated - RC Type - Read our RC Sensor Application Note
How to Build a Sensor
- Choose D or RC type
- based upon Direction of Target Motion
- Select Model Based Upon
- Range of Motion
- Standoff Distance
- Target Spot Size
- Select Sensor Tip Design
- Select FiberopticCable Materials To Suit Application
- Connectorize The System As Desired
- Select Analog or Digital Output Package
- Analog Sensors are fast responding units for dynamic applications with 20 KHz standard bandwidths.
- Bandwidths exceeding 1 megahertz are optional.
- Digital Systems are the best choice for precision gaging applications with a 5 KHz maximum sampling rate.
- Sensor Calibrations Are Stored On-board
- Sensor Output Is Linearized Over the Whole Operating Range